Let’s see. Oops #1: I really fell behind on NaNo, and didn’t get my 50k in. I’m not too concerned about this, as a lot of life stuff happened instead (largely the EDJ getting crazy-busy) and I decided I wasn’t going to drive myself crazy (crazier) or worse, kill myself trying to finish NaNo.
Oops #2: I haven’t been blogging for a while. Let’s see if we can fix that.
Oops #3: I’ve been even worse at blog VISITING. I’m going to try to fix that, too, but no promises during the holiday season.
ETA: It’s snowing on WordPress again! Wheee!
- OCT: Prepare SF (novel project codename) characters & plot for NaNoWriMo. Good enough. I didn’t do as much as I had wanted on this, but I did enough.
- NOV: Write 50k words or more in SF. Nope. But I’m not too fussed over it, since I did get in lots more words (and a good start to a writing habit) than I had been getting previously.
- DEC REVISED: Maintain my writing habit and keep working on the SF first draft. I’m not aiming to finish the first draft this month anymore, but instead to just keep writing, just keep writing.
- Work on writing projects a minimum of 5 days / week. Nope. And this might slow down during the holidays, but I’m still going to try.
- Visit and comment on a minimum of 7 other ROW blogs / week. Also nope.
- Write a minimum of 3 blog posts / week. At least one of these should be a ROW update. And yet another nope. But I have some scheduled posts, so I may be able to change this to a yes on Sunday.
Yeah. So that was pretty dismal. BUT I’M NOT GIIVNG UP. And that’s what really matters, right?
Oh – one fun thing is that I’ve been finishing lots of secret knitting present projects, so you’ll get to see them all as FO posts after Dec 25th. I haven’t been sticking to prior-existing WIPs, but just about everything new has been a gift. So I guess I’m (essentially) sticking to my Year Of The WIP goal for 2014.
I hope all who celebrate has a great Thanksgiving last week, and enjoy your December holidays, whatever they are!