Part of me thinks that I don’t have enough time for the Round of Words right now. I’m headed into the start of rehearsals for a big musical, and won’t have as much time to write as I’d like. Plus I have some knitting projects I’m excited about doing for myself, and work is getting crazy, and…
And, and, and. But you know what? That’s exactly why I need ROW. You guys are my accountability club. In the past, you have been the reason why I got any writing done at all some months. Because I knew that someone was cheering me on, and that somebody would notice (even just form my silence) if I didn’t get any writing accomplished at all.
So. Keeping in mind the various other things I want to get done this quarter (and even including some of them in my goals), here are my goals for the 2015 Q1 ROW:
1. Some kind of writing task at least two times a week. This can be editing, writing, plotting, research… anything. And it can last as long – or as short – as it lasts, so long as I feel comfortable considering it as my “best shot” for the time I had available in which to do it.
2. Exercise at least three times a week. Probably this will usually be on the stationary bike. Sometimes it will be walking, or weights, or crunches. And I’m not setting a time goal for this one, either. As with goal #1, it just needs to be what I have time for at the time.
3. Knit 2 squares for the 2015 Geek-A-Long blanket. This looks like a fun project, and the 2014 GAL Blanket was really cute and I wished I had done it. (I know, I didn’t have time for it. Still.) In fact, I still want to knit the 2014 one, so I may sometimes backtrack and knit squares from the 2014 blanket instead.
4. Finish a crocheted scarf I’m working on for a friend. Ideally, it will be done in time for his birthday in a month. But if not, as long as I can get it done this quarter, I’ll be happy.
5. Post ROW blogs at least once a week, and visit (& comment on!) the blogs on my blog roll plus at least 5 random ROW-er blogs. This one will be harder to judge than some, since I won’t always comment on every blog I read. But I want to catch up to my feed reader, and STAY caught up. That’s the thing I fell behind on at the end of last year that I feel the most guilty about.
There it is. My list of goals for Round 1 of 2015. Yes, I know, it’s not nearly as detailed and organized and planned out as some of my ROW Goals have been in the past. It’s just a list of things I want to accomplish. No categories, no priorities, no order. Just a list of things. Right now, that it my focus. The small things that will, given time, add up to the bigger things.