Ally nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Whee! I’ve been blogging for ages, but it’s been a long time since I’ve participated in many blog things, so I haven’t gotten any blog awards from fellow bloggers in quite some time. It’s fun to play along. 🙂
That reminds me, though. I should probably look up my blogiversary. I don’t remember how long I’ve been blogging anymore, and I started on a different site so even if I got with what WordPress tells me, that’s only my WordPress anniversary.
- Thank the person who nominated you (Thank you, Ally!)
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination
Here are some facts about me:
1. I skipped kindergarten. I had no say in it, of course, but since my year wasn’t going to be starting to learn to read until half-way through the school year and I had already been reading for a year or two, I don’t disagree with the decision. I do wonder how my life would have been different if I hadn’t skipped grades, though. (Just as a point of curiosity, mind you. I like my life.)
2. My sense of balance is horrible. As in, I can’t somersault in a straight line. The ability to stand up straight or walk a straight line has nothing to do with how much I’ve had to drink. And I get motion sick very easily. We determined at a young age that this (and the insane bouts of vertigo I had as a teen) is due to loose stones in my ears. Interestingly, this doesn’t seem to impact my ability to drive straight.
3. I don’t like taking selfies for knitting FO pictures. (Non-knitting selfies are fine.) It seems weird to me when I’m thinking about it, but there it is. The only real exception is for hats, which look best when modeled. Speaking of knitting FO pictures, though, I had a request for a picture of my Trinity Shawlette in natural light, so here you go!
4. I like my books, TV shows, and movies to be an escape. I know there is a point to realistic stories, and I have read/watched some that were enjoyable, but I generally prefer ones that don’t look like something that belongs on the news. Most of my entertainment comes from fantasy and science fiction, with some educational non-fiction thrown in.
5. I am a rule-follower. Usually. If it appeals to me. So while I follow most rules, I use the speed limit as a “guideline”. Walking around the Times Square area in New York was panic-inducing for me, though, because most pedestrians there don’t even look at the streetlights or crosswalk signs before stepping into the street.
6. I am a cat person. Dogs are okay too, but I prefer cats. I like small animals too (rats and rabbits and fish and birds and such), but they have a short life span and it’s hard to put all the love and energy into caring for small animals that won’t live long.
7. I am an introvert. I can exhibit extroverted tendencies in some instances, and I’m not afraid of public speaking or being in charge of a group of people, but I recharge best in quiet places when I’m by myself or with a few trusted family members or friends.
A bit random, but that’s the way I am.
Also, remember that bit about following the rules? Well, tagging rules are some of those that I don’t always follow. That being said, I’m not tagging anyone at this time! (This is mostly because I have a Swiss cheese memory when it comes to who I saw post which blog tag / award / meme and so run the risk of tagging people who have already done this. Also, I’m being lazy. 😉 )