November readalongs always have the added challenge of needing to compete with NaNoWriMo for my time. So, while I decided to join this one, I didn’t have high hopes. But it turns out I did a lot better with this than I had expected to!
I switched out Night and Silence from my original reading plan for three reasons: one, my hold on Pumpkinheads came in at my library; two, the #ADayeAMonth readalong got extended to January so we can read and discuss the 13th book in the October Daye series also; and three, I decided to read Pumpkinheads for the Triwizard Tournament Readathon, so this way I could double-up on prompts.
- Read a backlist 2019 release ~ Echo in Emerald by Sharon Shinn ~ started, but haven’t finished yet
- Read a thin book ~ Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis ~ read 11/15/2019
- Continue a series ~ The Brightest Fell by Seanan McGuire ~ read 11/13/2019
- Read a new to you author ~ Randomize by Andy Weir ~ read 11/8/2019
- Read a spooky book you didn’t get to in October ~ Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant ~ read 11/26/2019
- Read a fall themed book or a book with a fall colored cover ~
Night and Silence by Seanan McGuireswitched to Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks ~ read 11/11/2019
- Read a book that has been on your TBR for a while ~ Legion: the Many Lives of Stephen Leeds by Brandon Sanderson ~ read 11/21/2019
So I read six out of the seven books, and I’ve at least started the seventh! That’s not bad at all for such a crazy-busy month!
Here’s some stats, just for fun:
- Books read: 6
- Pages read: 1,728
- Average pub year: 2007
- Average rating: 3.75 stars