I haven’t finished anything this month (yet), but I am SO CLOSE to being done with the Minstrel Sweater! I might actually finish it in October, but I haven’t yet so it will have to wait for November’s wrap-up post.
(These are all old-ish pictures. Sorry. I didn’t have time to take new ones.)
UFOs (aka UnFinished Objects)
- 2016 GAL blanket — still hibernating, since I’ve been having trouble knitting two GAL blankets at once. This will get worked on again once the gift version is finished.
- Dryad hat — still waiting on the current sock project to be finished before I start working on this again. I’m getting sick of having so few active WIPs, though, so I might change my mind and start working on this hat again sooner. Maybe as soon as I finish the sweater.
- Weaving project — I will probably go with the plan I discussed with you last time, and turn this into a single place-mat instead of making the pillow or table runner that the pattern calls for. I do like weaving, but I’m not as thrilled with this particular design as I was when I bought the book and yarn needed to make it. (However, it did teach me some new weaving techniques, and I suppose that was the important part.)
WIPs (aka active Works In Progress)
- 2018 GAL blanket — current square: Star Wars
- Minstrel Sweater — SO CLOSE. I have both sleeves done, and I just finished sewing in all the (so many thousands) of ends on the second sleeve. All that’s left is picking up the stitches for the button band, knitting some corrugated ribbing, adding the buttons, and tacking down the steek facings. I might not have met my self-imposed deadline of having this done for the October WIP Wrap-Up post, but I will be able to wear it this fall (assuming it gets cold enough) and winter. Hooray!
- Changeful Socks — done with sock #1! Now I just need to make a second one to match.
And with that, we’re nearly done with October! Crazy. But, this is ideal weather for a knitter (AKA, YAY! It’s just about cold enough that I get to wear my handknits!) so I’m not complaining at all. Have a great day!