A few months ago I did a Top Ten Tuesday post listing Books On My Summer 2019 TBR. While I don’t normally revisit my TTT or TBR lists, I thought that one was specific enough that revisiting it and seeing how well I succeeded on my Summer TBR planning could be fun.
So, here’s the list of books I wanted to have read by the 23rd of September (tomorrow), when autumn officially starts in the Northern Hemisphere. If I’ve finished the book, I’ll include the date I finished reading, as well as a link to my review (if I wrote one).
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow ~ in progress (page 62 of 731) I just need to admit now that this one is going to be a long-term read and not worry about how long it takes me to finish it.
- Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire ~ not read yet. I think this series is linked to the InCryptid series, so I’m leaning toward finishing Seanan’s October Daye series first, and then reading this book before going back to InCryptid.
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco ~ in progress (page 185 of 536) While it’s interesting and I would like to be finished with it already, it hasn’t sucked me in to the point where I just settle down and finish it instead of getting distracted by other books.
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin ~ finished 28 June 2019
- Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett ~ finished 20 September 2019
- All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders ~ finished 27 June 2019 (review)
- Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire ~ finished 8 June 2019 (review)
- Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire ~ finished 19 July 2019 (review)
- The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire ~ finished 24 August 2019
- A Red-Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire ~ in progress (page 67 of 358)
As a very quick recap, let’s look at some stats for the books I finished.
- 6 out of 10 books finished (3 in progress)
- my favorite of them was The Winter Long
- my least favorite of them was All the Birds in the Sky (though I didn’t exactly dislike it — I just didn’t like it as much as I had hoped to)
- I read a total of 2252 pages among them all
- average finished book length was 323 pages
- average publication year of finished books was 2004
- average rating of finished books was 4.16 stars
Have a great day!