Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2019
So, in January there was a TTT topic with our most anticipated releases of the first half of 2019, so it makes sense that there is a matching post for the second half!
1. One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1) by Mark Lawrence ~ publication 1 May 2019
Okay, yes, I know that including books which have already been published is cheating. But I don’t care. I didn’t know about the already-published books I’m including on today’s list when I wrote the first list, so there. I’d rather do it this way than include books that I have to pretend to want to read just to fill the list to 10.
2. Middlegame by Seanan McGuire ~ publication 7 May 2019
Here’s another book where I missed the pub date for the first post. And yes, I pre-ordered this book, so I started reading it in late May and have since devoured it and loved it and reviewed it and I’m still including it here. #MyListMyRules
3. Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim ~ expected publication 11 June 2019
This one sounds like a great #ownvoices book, and I do want to read more books by authors with Asian roots (I’m half Asian-American, and these authors help me understand the culture my grandparents came from) so this one is important to me. Even if it’s pure fiction and not related to real culture at all (which I don’t know yet, since I haven’t read it yet). It still helps.
4. Velocity Weapon (The Protectorate #1) by Megan E. O’Keefe ~ expected publication 11 June 2019
Why do I want to read this one? Three words: “Epic Space Opera”. I MEAN COME ON. Yes, I want this one. (Also, yes this book and the previous one should have been released by the time this post goes live. They weren’t released when I wrote it.) (And also, I received and started reading a pre-release copy of this ebook from a Goodreads giveaway, but as of the time I’m writing this post I haven’t finished reading it yet.) Still #MyListMyRules.
5. A Royal Guide to Monster Slaying by Kelley Armstrong ~ expected publication 6 August 2019
Kelley Armstrong takes on Middle-Grade Fantasy. Yes please! I’ve loved her adult and YA fantasy worlds, so fingers crossed for this one, too.
6. Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia ~ expected publication 6 August 2019
The premise on this one sounds neat. Plus, it is another #ownvoices story, and there’s not nearly enough fiction surrounding the vast pool of Mexican (Mayan!!) folklore. I’m really REALLY excited for this one.
7. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig ~ expected publication 6 August 2019
From the blurb, this is a gothic retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I WANT IT. Please and thank you.
8. The Zeppelin Deception (Stoker & Holmes #5) by Colleen Gleason ~ expected publication 22 August 2019
The final Stoker & Holmes book! It will be mine! I will, however, be getting the audio version. I don’t know yet if that will have the same release date or not.
9. The Unkindest Tide (October Daye #13) by Seanan McGuire ~ expected publication 3 September 2019
This book is technically the reason I’m participating in the #ADayAMonth read-a-long, so of course I’m anticipating this one!
10. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern ~ expected publication 5 November 2019
More by the author of The Night Circus? Even if it’s set in a different world? Yes please!