(Some of my) Favorite Debut Novels
Today’s prompt is supposed to be Books That I Refuse to Let Anyone Touch (too special/valuable, perhaps?) but I couldn’t think of enough of those to make a whole list out of, so I am doing a Throwback TTT instead.
The Throwback topic I chose is Favorite Debuts, and while the topic doesn’t specify I’m only going to include novels here. They’re all novels I’ve actually read. I’m also going to present them
without comment with minimal comment and in no particular order.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (technically a debut novel since it’s Wilde’s only novel…)
- Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks (I really enjoyed this one when I first read it in the 80’s. I’m too scared to re-read it now and see if I still like it. I somehow suspect I wouldn’t.)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
What about you? Any favorite debuts of yours that aren’t on this list?