March had lots of other things happening for me, none of which I’m going to talk about on the blog, but they ended up cutting into my knitting time. So while I was productive, I don’t have much knitting progress to show for it. I’ll still give you a status update, though, because there have been some changes, even if most of them are small ones.
FOs (aka Finished Objects)
There haven’t been any actual finished projects this month. Alas. So while this one doesn’t exactly count as an FO, I am finished with this knit so I’m including it anyway:
- Don’t Cage Me In Socks — frogged! The yarn is back in the stash, and the pattern is back in the queue to try again with a different yarn.
UFOs (aka UnFinished Objects)
- 2016 GAL blanket — still hibernating, since I’ve been having trouble knitting two GAL blankets at once. This will get worked on again once the gift version is finished.
- Weaving project — yup, still pending. It probably won’t take me too long to finish it, but the set-up to work on it takes more effort than I usually feel like doing. If I’m going to weave more frequently I really need to get a loom stand.
- Nessie socks — Once the Wrack socks are done I can work on these. Yay!
- Dryad hat — I barely started this because I had to re-do the brim so many times. Then I got bored because I was knitting the same thing for the third (fourth?) time. No idea when this will be worked on again.
WIPs (aka active Works In Progress)
- 2018 GAL blanket — current square: Cat’s All Folks. I’ve made progress, but not much. I wasn’t nearly as interested in working on this as in working on the Minstrel Sweater.
- Minstrel Sweater— I’m loving this knit so far. I’ve always enjoyed colorwork, but never thought I’d eventually take on a sweater-sized fair isle project. On the other hand, corrugated ribbing can suck it. Looks very nice, but it’s a pain to knit. (There has been more knitting than is in the picture, but I took this picture with Suzy and decided to use it.)
- Wrack socks — I feel like I’m so close to done! (I’m actually not. I’m still near the top of the leg and have most of the second sock left to knit. Still, it *feels* close.) Hopefully this is the last month this pair of socks will be on the WIP list. I’m hoping it will be an April FO.
- Close to You shawl —Still pretty. Still enjoying the knit. Still LOVE the yarn. But I am ready for this to be done. I think I need to make a big push to finish it.
And that’s my March knitting! Hopefully there will be more finished projects next month. I know there will be some new projects, because I’ve felt startitis creeping up on me for a few weeks now, and I can only hold it off so long.
Have a great day!