Today’s official topic is “Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With” but I can’t think of anything for that, so I’m going to do a Throwback TTT instead! This topic was originally from March 1, 2011, so very nearly exactly eight years ago. Wow.
Top Ten Books I Just HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf
Anyway, this topic doesn’t really need any explanation, so I’ll just go ahead with my list.
- Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express
- Seanan McGuire’s Late Eclipses
- Jane Yolen’s The Emerald Circus
- Amy Tan’s The Hundred Secret Senses (and The Kitchen God’s Wife and The Hundred Secret Senses — because who wouldn’t want to buy covers as pretty and as matched as these?)
- Jenna Black’s Replica (and Nightstruck)
- Jessica Day George’s Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow
- Connie Willis’ Passage
- Chris Hadfield’s An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth
- Wen Spencer’s The Black Wolves of Boston
- Claudia Gray’s A Thousand Pieces of You
Most of these (if not all) will probably end up on my keeper shelf, too, to be re-read (or just looked at) whenever I feel like it. Some (well, one or two) may be read by Mr. Wyrm, too. (Side note, he also believes in having a library of books and actually re-reading them. I am so lucky!) So I don’t feel guilty about having them, even if I’m starting to feel guilty about not having read them yet.