I’m not going to do a traditional New Year’s Resolution thing this year, and I’ve still got four months left of the 101 in 1001 challenge. However, I like having goals for the year, and so I’m going to do a list of 19 goals to complete in 2019.
- Learn Tunisian Crochet and make at least one project using that technique (aka not just a sampler swatch)
- Learn brioche knitting and make at least one project using that technique
- Knit a Fair Isle Cardigan (complete with steeks)
- Complete 19 craft projects †
- Read 75 books
- Read 19 2019 releases *
- Read 19 Nebula Award winning entries *
- Read 19 Hugo Award winning entries *
- Read 19 Newbery Award winning books *
- Host my first Read-A-Long (not just set it up and start it, but also maintain it monthly and have an end-of-year wrap up)
- Finish writing a novel (any novel, any length… just complete something)
- Grow and maintain my savings account all year as described in my 101 in 1001 challenge
- Try 3 (or more) new recipes per month all year (not just until the end of the 101 in 1001 challenge this April)
- Do Meatless Mondays as often as possible
- Try 19 new restaurants
- Donate blood at least twice during the year (but quarterly is better, if possible)
- Find and participate in a local volunteer opportunity (again, ideally quarterly)
- Plan more activities with friends
- Host or attend more board game sessions (we did one or two last year. So anything more than that counts.)
† Any craft… I’m not picky. Though, if I make a set of something — like a jewelry set that includes a necklace, bracelet, and earrings; or a set of holiday cards — that counts as one project. Also, I’m not counting the individual Geek-a-long blanket squares. I’ll need to complete the blanket for it to count.
* For these items, category and length don’t matter. It can be a novel, novella, short story, etc. Also, all the awards can have been awarded at any time, it’s not limited to a specific year.