Winter TBR ~ AKA 2019 Discworld TBR
Since I plan on reading a lot of Discworld books in 2019, I thought it was a good idea to review which ones I’m most interested in reading. (I will be doing a mostly chronological-by-publication-order read-through, but I’m allowing for exceptions whenever I feel like it.)
- Equal Rites (I’ll be starting with this one on January 1)
- Hogfather (I’ll be reading this one around Christmas 2019 regardless of where I am in the series at that point — including saving it for the holiday season if I get to it earlier in the year)
- Soul Music (having seen the TV adaptation of this book I am really excited to read this one and I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait until I officially get to it chronologically)
- Reaper Man
- Night Watch
- The Wee Free Men (I’m also really excited to get to the Tiffany Aching books, but since this is Discworld #30 by publication order I will probably read this book well in advance of where it falls in order)
- A Hat Full of Sky
- Making Money
- Carpe Jugulum (I’ve never read Pratchett’s take on vampires…)
Death is my favorite character in the series so far, so I’m naturally most interested in reading stories where he features. I really enjoyed watching the movie version of Hogfather as well, so while I haven’t read Susan’s books yet I’m hoping I will enjoy them. I also am looking forward to trying the Tiffany Aching books, when I get there (or decide to skip ahead to them). And I enjoyed reading Going Postal, so I’m hopeful that I will enjoy Moist von Lipwig’s return in Making Money.
Have you read much Pratchett? Do you have any favorites that I should look out for?