It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! This will be the last week TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but starting next week it will be hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. New year, new host? Anyway, the ladies at TB&TB have been doing the TTT for years now (even if I only just found them a few months ago) so I don’t blame them for wanting to pass the reins along to someone else. Wishing everyone the best! And now on to this week’s topic…
Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!)
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow ~ this one is an exception to my 2018 Reading Challenge. (aka: It’s not on my 2018 Reading List but I’m going to read it anyway and not consider it cheating.)
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid ~ another exception to my 2018 Reading Challenge, as long as I start it soon.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline ~ I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to read the paper book or listen to the audio book on this one.
- 1984 by George Orwell ~ this has been on my TBR list for soooo long. I keep meaning to read it.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee ~ this is another long-term TBR book. I think it’s been on my “read this year” list for about 5 years. Haven’t gotten there yet…
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank ~ I may have read this when I was in school. I don’t remember for sure, but given the current political climate I wanted to re-read this one again in 2017. Didn’t get there, so it’s on the 2018 list for sure.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood ~ I haven’t decided if I want to read this first or watch the Hulu series first. I think that’s why it got added to my “Top TBR” list in 2017 and yet hasn’t been read yet.
- Doomsday Book by Connie Willis ~ yet another long-term TBR book. I’m really trying to get some of those FINALLY READ in 2018.
Umm…. and that’s it. There are other books that are on my TBR list, naturally (my Goodreads “want-to-read” shelf has over 350 books on it) but these are the only ones that I meant to get to in 2017 and didn’t.
How about you? Any books that you’ve put off reading and intend to get to this year?