It seems today is my WordPress Anniversary. I have been blogging here for 10 years. Hard to believe, isn’t it? TEN years. That’s a long time. (This isn’t really my Blogiversary, though. I don’t remember when that is anymore. I started blogging on Blogger quite a long time ago and switched to here 10 years ago. I could probably figure out approximately when I started Blogger, but I’m not sure I want to fall down that rabbit hole.)
Anyway, lots has changed in 10 years. Even not counting the whole political and world climate – just in my life a lot has changed. Here are 10 things (which I am comfortable sharing) that have changed in my life since then:
- I met and married Mr. Wyrm.
- I moved to a new town. (Same general area, but a new town about 45 minutes to an hour’s drive from where I lived before.)
- I have a nephew now in addition to my niece (who recently turned 11 and is waiting for her Hogwarts letter).
- I have a new brother-in-law.
- I’ve been to see shows on Broadway on two separate trips. (And there will be more. Oh yes, there will be more.)
- I learned that I love cruising.
- I have changed jobs a few times. Still trying to find that perfect job… well, writing is still the job I want to do, but I need a job which will allow me to do both it and writing so that I can get a start at making writing my job.
- I got my Suzy-cat about 10 years ago! (I don’t remember exactly when, but about 10 years. I think just under…)
- I visited Walt Disney World! (I grew up going on Disneyland trips, but it’s only within the last ten years – specifically the last six – that I’ve been to Disney World.)
- I learned a lot more about what makes me me. That’s something that everyone should do in their life (and younger is better), but it does take a lot of introspection and not everyone is comfortable looking at what makes them tick.
Here’s to another year! Hope you’re having a great December so far.
(And if I’m scarce on here between now and the end of the year, Happy Holidays and have a fun and safe New Year!)