I hope everyone had a great weekend! I baked an apple pie for Father’s Day, so that was a good contribution to our family’s celebration. I also got to meet my sister’s new kitten (so tiny!), and that was an extra bonus. I also got to help her clips his claws… less of a bonus, but certainly important.
The Ten On Tuesday prompt for Tuesday, June 21, 2016 is 10 Things To Do While Listening to an Audiobook.
Well, I listen to audiobooks a lot. I don’t do all of these things while listening to audiobooks equally – some of them I do a lot more often than others, but the list isn’t weighted in favor of that. It’s, as usual, written in the order in which I think of them.
Drive. Whether it’s a road trip or a commute.
- Knit! Best way to do two of my favorite things at the same time.
- Work. My day job is a place where I can listen to music or podcasts or even audiobooks, and no one blinks an eye. Of course, I have to make sure the task I’m working on will allow me to concentrate on both the work and the book, but I have a few busy work style tasks that work well for this.
- Read along. Some books require the extra focus.
- Nothing. Sometimes it’s nice to just listen.
- Exercise. It can help take your mind off the monotony of a treadmill, for instance.
- Sit on the beach. I used to read paper books on the beach, but audiobooks would work just as well and would let you enjoy the waves while you read.
- Sew. Not so much the machine sewing part, but this works for either hand sewing or cutting out fabric and the other parts of sewing that don’t involve a machine adding noise. (Of course, if you have a super-quiet sewing machine, I guess it wouldn’t make a difference. I don’t. Mine is too loud to properly enjoy a book while it’s running.)
- Get your hair or nails done. Some people listen to music while doing this. You could as easily listen to a book.
- Take notes. This is one that I haven’t done in a while, but when I listen to non-fiction books especially, there are often little things I want to remember, so I make note of them.
What about you? Any audiobook tips you have to share with me?
Here’s a bonus kitten picture, since I know some of you will want to see my sister’s little cutie: