The Ten On Tuesday prompt for Tuesday, May 31, 2016 is 10 Things You Did This Weekend.
This might not be as interesting a post as it could be… but we’ll see. I really don’t feel like I had that interesting a weekend to talk about. I enjoyed it, but are there ten things to talk about? Maybe it I stretch it a bit…
Anyway, here’s my long weekend at a glance. This is not necessarily in chronological order, but it’s the order that makes the most sense to me:
- Cleaned house. (I know, glamorous.)
- Went grocery shopping and did cooking prep. This was important, since I’d never cooked multiple curries at the same time, and they all seem to take me a lot of pots and pans, and I don’t have all that many of them in my cupboards.
- Family came over! We had a nice visit.
- Cooked curry for my family. Tried out a new recipe (this one for chicken satay – though the official recipe is for pork, I substituted chicken) and it was all a hit.
- Opened presents! My birthday was earlier this month, but this is the first chance we’ve all had to get together since then.
- Ate cake! (This cake was not a lie. It was yummy. Still is – I had it for breakfast this morning.)
- Did dishes. Lots of dishes. Dishes for 8 when I’m used to dishes for 2 is quite a shock.
- Test drove cars! I know, I just bought a new car not long ago, but while I chose a good car, it wasn’t as good a fit for me as I had hoped. Now that I’ve had the benefit of experience in the good and bad choices I made with that car, it’s time to find one that will suit me better.
- Slept in. This is one of my favorite things about my weekends.
- Watched “Hillbillys In A Hounted House” as riffed by RiffTrax. They are such funny guys! I’m looking forward to their live MST3K Reunion Show next month. We’ve always enjoyed their live shows.
So that’s my weekend! I hope yours was great as well.