The Ten On Tuesday prompt for Tuesday, April 5, 2016, is 10 Things You Do To Calm Down.
Hmm, this is an interesting one. I don’t often get angry enough that I need to calm down in that sense, but I can make this a list of things I do to wind down at the end of the day, or to relax when I’m stressed out.
- Knit. This one should be a no-brainer for anyone who knows me. When I do get angry, it is one of the things I use to calm down.
- Read. Reading can be a good escape from whatever ails me.
- Watch TV or a movie. I often do this with knitting, so it’s two relaxing things in one! (Well, relaxing depending on the movie/TV subject and plot, of course.
- Go for a walk. When I am angry, I tend to walk faster. Just as a warning, if you’re walking with me.
- Use the exercise bike. It doesn’t calm me down heartbeat-wise, but it does provide something else I can focus on, and zone out to. The swooshing of the bike wheels can be calming.
- Video games. Again, depending on the game content it might not be physically calming, but it can be a great mental stress reliever.
- Journal. I’ve being keeping a Bullet Journal this year (3 months complete, and I still love it), and the process of writing out my schedule or going through my task lists can be relaxing.
- Get or give a back rub. Both are relaxing, in different ways.
- Nap. Well, when I can nap. Which is sadly much less often than I’d like.
- Pet and/or play with the cat. She might not be as easy to play with as dogs are but my cat is still a great source of relaxation.
Have a great rest of the week!