The Ten On Tuesday prompt for Tuesday, February 9, 2016: You’ve been kidnapped! List the 10 TV show characters you would want to help you.
Well, I don’t watch a ton of TV, but this could be fun anyway. Let’s see what I can think of…
- The Doctor (from Doctor Who) – because having a Time Lord around might not always be the best idea (when it comes to global security), but it would certainly be interesting. Plus, he’s the Doctor.
- Sherlock Holmes (from Sherlock) – face it, if anyone can solve a kidnapping, it’s Sherlock.
- Dr. Watson (also from Sherlock) – because sometimes Sherlock needs someone to make him a bit more human so that he would actually care about me being kidnapped.
- Amy Pond (also from Doctor Who) – she may be a human among a bunch a bunch of crazy aliens, but she’s a kick-ass human.
- Scotty (from Star Trek) – beam me up! Easiest solution to a hostage situation.
- Sheila (from Dungeons & Dragons, the 1980’s cartoon) – if she had her invisibility cloak, anyway. That could be useful.
- Rip Hunter (from Legends of Tomorrow) – I haven’t seen this show yet (but it’s on my TBW list), but Rip is a time traveler. Played by Arthur Darvill (aka Rory from Doctor Who). Sounds good to me!
- Supergirl (from Supergirl) – another show I haven’t seen, but really, she’s Supergirl. Plus, I’d rather be rescued by her than Superman or Batman. Girl power go!
- Rick Castle (from Castle) – yes, this is a show more about solving murders than kidnappings. But the one episode I saw with a kidnapping ended up happy, so count me in! (Also, Nathan Fillion…)
- Scarecrow & Mrs. King (from Scarecrow & Mrs. King, of course) – it’s been ages since I saw this show, but I don’t remember seeing them fail when rescuing people. Of course, that could just be the episodes I was allowed to watch at the time, but hey, that’s the way I remember it, and that counts, right?
There were others I thought of, especially from the anime shows we watch, but they tend to have too much damage around them, and I wouldn’t really want that if I could help it. Could still be fun, though.
Have a great day!