Good morning everyone, and happy Thanksgiving week to my fellow Americans! (Happy Tuesday to everyone else…)
The Ten On Tuesday topic for Tuesday, November 24, 2015 is 10 Things You Are Thankful For Right Now. I added the “right now” because we do this topic every year and I’m hoping by focusing on things we are thankful for right now we can avoid being repetitive. That being said, it’s your blog and you can approach this however you like!
Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!
This is a traditional topic for the Ten on Tuesday just before Thanksgiving, so I do appreciate the chance to make it slightly different each year. Granted, there are some things that remain the same, but there are others that change a bit. It’s a good reminder to be thankful for what we have instead of focusing on what we don’t.
- My family. This is a regular one, but for good reason. I am very thankful for the love and support I get every day from my entire family.
- Our health. Mr. Wyrm and I are both still getting over colds, but in general we’re in pretty good health. That is an improvement, and I’m so grateful for it.
- Kitty lovin’! Some of my other friends mention periodically how their cats aren’t cuddlers. I love that mine is.
- Rain! There’s rain in the forecast. As a Californian, this is something I can’t take for granted, and am always thankful of when it happens.
- Work. I have a job. This is something I sometimes forget to be thankful for. (I haven’t been out of work recently, so that’s not the issue. It’s just so much easier to complain about work than be grateful to have it.) And on top of that, the people who run our company treat the employees like people. Also not something to take for granted.
- Taking home videos is really easy. It makes it easy to capture silly moments when my nephew is doing something particularly cute, for example.
- Apple Pay from my watch is super convenient. This may seem a silly thing to be thankful for (and it is certainly a First World thing) but it has made my life easier while I’ve been doing holiday shopping and trying to juggle all the things. One less thing to juggle.
- My new computer. I didn’t realize how much was lacking from my old computer until Mr. Wyrm convinced me it was time for an upgrade.
- The local theatre scene. I don’t go see as much theatre as I want to but I do love that we have so many choices around and they’re such good quality. I also love that I’m part of the (community) theatre scene, and so know at least one person involved in nearly every production I go see.
- Life. My life is good right now. I don’t always have something specific to be thankful for, but that doesn’t mean I’m not thankful.
I hope you all have a great week, whether this is Thanksgiving week for you or not! It’s never a bad thing to reflect on the good in our lives instead of the bad.