The Ten On Tuesday topic for Tuesday, September 29, 2015, is 10 Things You Wish You Could Learn Instantly.
Well, this is an interesting topic. And I will try to not just list 10 languages I’d like to learn, since I would like to know a bunch of languages. (Not that I’ve tried to study any lately. Must do something about that.) Anyway, here we go:
- Japanese. I enjoy anime shows, but I’d love to hear the original without subtitles.
- Different knitting techniques. Most notably how to fit a sweater as I’m knitting it.
- In-line skating or ice skating. I’ve always wanted to know how to do this, but have always been too scared of falling over.
- French. It’s a cool language, and I’d like to know it.
- Sight singing. I can read music, but I have a hard time sight singing.
- Chinese. This is a heritage language for me, and I’d like to be able to speak it and not just order food.
- Russian. Another heritage language, though I currently have no use for it other than to know it.
- Whatever I’d need to know to start a new career. I’m okay in my job right now, but I’d like to do something that feels more like a career and less like a job.
- Enough about all the things I want to write about. I know, research is part of the writing process. But it’s the part during which I get the most bored and distracted.
- Spanish, fluently. I took Spanish in high school, so I know some of it, but not nearly as much as I used to. Also, I learned the school version of Spanish, and not the real-life version. It’s great to know how to ask where the library is, but that can only get you so far.
(I said I wouldn’t do ALL languages, but languages are the things I most want to learn. Listing only half languages is a good compromise.)
What about you guys?