The Ten on Tuesday topic for Tuesday, September 15, 2015 is 10 Foods You Are Looking Forward to Eating Now That Fall is (Almost) Here.
Well, I have to say, there aren’t a whole lot of foods (other than seasonal fruits and veggies) that I reserve for one season or another. For me, it’s mostly foods that other people offer/make which I consider seasonal. However, there are some foods which happen in a higher quantity in colder weather, so I guess I’ll include those as well.
(On the other hand, last week during our heat wave, I made a pot of soup for dinner. So I’m probably not the best judge of seasonal foods.)
- Pumpkin pie. (One of the few foods that is truly seasonal for me.)
- Moon cakes. (A Chinese dessert which is associate with Harvest time. Another truly seasonal food.)
- Oven-roasted chicken (or turkey) and gravy. (Not truly seasonal, but more common in the fall/winter.)
- Lots of soup.
- Chili. Preferably with cornbread topped with honey butter.
- Also pho! (See? Lots of soup.)
- Anything cooked in the crockpot.
- Spiced cider. (Not really a food, since it’s a drink, but close enough.)
- Green bean casserole. (Again, not truly seasonal, but it’s a staple for our family holiday gatherings, and I start thinking about it once the weather turns colder.)
Great. Now I’m hungry.