the Ten on Tuesday topic for 7/28/2015 is 10 Favorite Things To Do With Blueberries.
Yum, blueberries. You remember the picture book Blueberries for Sal, right? I do. At the time I read it, however, I was a little unclear on the difference between blueberries and blackberries. Possibly because where we lived, blackberry bushes could be found occasionally, but there weren’t any wild blueberries. Anyway, I love them both, but here are my favorite things (in no particular order) to do with blueberries. (Truth be told, though, I can happily do most of these with just about any kind of berry.)
- Bake them in scones. Yum!
- Eat them plain! They’re awesome as-is.
- Eat them over vanilla ice cream for dessert.
- Fruit salad!
- Bake them in muffins.
- Freeze them (preferably with a mix of other berries) and then blend them up for a quick, no-sugar-added ice cream substitute.
- Serve them with yogurt and granola for a home-made breakfast parfait.
- Did I mention just grabbing a handful of them and eating them plain? Because that’s probably my favorite way to eat them.
- Mixed-in to ice cream (a la ColdStone). I haven’t found a commercial blueberry ice cream that I like yet, but that would be wonderful!
What about you? Any favorites I missed?