The Ten on Tuesday topic for 6/30/2015 is 10 Things You Love About Your Home.
My home, huh? Cool, let’s see what I come up with:
1. It’s not a rental. It is nice to be building equity in a home.
2. We have a working AC and heater. After growing up without AC, and having lived in apartments with sketchy heating, this is major.
3. It’s in a nice town. (City? Whatever.) Doesn’t feel too huge, but it’s still big enough that I am happy. I’m very much a suburbs girl, and I feel very at home here.
4. We aren’t swimming in it. The size of the house is perfect for me and Mr. Wyrm.
5. Someone else does the landscaping. (We have an HOA that handles it.) Don’t get me wrong, I like gardening. But I never have/make the time for it these days, so it’s nice that I don’t have to.
6. We have a garage. And we can actually put a car in it. (I’m so used to either not having a garage – apartment living again – or having a garage that is full of stuff instead of cars, that this is a novelty.) It would be nice if it was bigger, since it’s only a 1-car garage, but better than nothing!
7. We have high ceilings. This makes heating sometimes annoying, but it shows off our artwork really nicely.
8. Modern kitchen! The person who had the place before us did a bunch of upgrades, and I love cooking in it.
9. Walking distance to our favorite local Mexican restaurant! We can have margaritas without worrying about who’s gotta drive home!
10. We have a good blend of carpet and hardwood floors. I love them both, and they’re in the right places. (For instance, unlike in a prior home, I don’t step out of bed and onto a hardwood floor. I do love having carpeting under my bed.)
I do love where I live. How about you?