The Ten On Tuesday topic for 5/5/2015 in honor of Cinco De Mayo, is 10 Favorite Mexican Foods. Enjoy!
(First of all, yes I realize that Americans and Mexicans have a different view of how important Cinco De Mayo is. But I am all for any excuse to party!)
Here are my ten (current) favorite Mexican foods:
- Margaritas. Drinks count as food, right?
- Arroz con pollo. Our local favorite Mexican place has the most amazing, moist, flavorful chicken as a part of this dish.
- Burritos. Especially with steak and guacamole inside.
- And speaking of… Guacamole! I don’t like avocados, but I love guacamole. Makes sense, right?
- Chimichangas. Fried burritos. Yum.
- Taco salad. I’m not sure how authentic this is (or really any of these items are) but I enjoy eating them all the same.
- Champurrado. My supervisor (who is Mexican) introduced me to this a few years ago. Sometimes I wish she hadn’t, because I love the stuff too much now.
- Churros. Especially Disneyland churros. Yum.
- Nachos. Love nachos. So yum.
- Chips & salsa. Is this cheating? I don’t know. But it’s one of the things I love about going out to Mexican restaurants.
Happy Excuse For A Margarita Day!