The Ten on Tuesday topic for 1/27 is 10 Types of Footwear You Own. Have fun!
Um. I like footwear, don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think I can do a breakdown of 10 TYPES of footwear I own. I own sneakers, I own dress shoes, I own boots, I own sandals, and I own slippers. Unless you want to also count socks, that’s it.
So instead of 10 TYPES, I will list 10 specific items of footwear. That’s close enough, right?
1. Black Clark’s sneakers. These are my go-to shoes, and will need replacing soon. Sadly.
2. Black flats that are kinda dressy and kinda casual. I forget the brand name, but they are what I most often wear to show off my hand-knit socks. And they also sadly will need replacing soon, since the insides are falling apart at the seams.
3. Purple and teal Converse sneakers. Fun shoes! I got them for part of a team costume a couple of years ago, but they’re still my fun Friday shoes. (Unlike the others listed so far, these are in great shape. But since I only wear them once or twice a month, they get a lot less use.)
4. Really old black Mary Janes. They’re hanging in there, but the buckle elastic is starting to fail. I suspect I won’t have these much longer, either.
(I’m sensing a trend here. I think I will need to go shoe shopping soon.)
5. Black Clarks flats. These are also kinda dressy and kinda casual, but they are not large enough to wear hand-knit socks with. They are also (shock!) pretty new.
6. Brown boots (don’t remember the brand name, but we got them at Nordstrom). They’re pretty old now, but I don’t wear them often because the zipper makes annoying noises when I walk. They’re comfy and cute, though, so I should get some tape or something to stop the annoying noise so that I wear them more.
7. Standard white sneakers. Basic. Useful. Boring.
8. Blue fuzzy slippers. My favorite thing to wear, though sadly I have to confine them to the house.
9. Brown sandals – maybe made by Earth Soles or something similar to that. They’re slip-on sandals, but not flip flops. They’re surprisingly comfortable and stay on well. I do like them. But I also miss sandals with full straps holding them on. I just haven’t found any I liked recently.
10. Silver low-heeled dress shoes I bought for my sister’s wedding. They have cut out patterns that look lacey, which I like. And for inexpensive shoes (I got them at Payless Shoe Source) they’re pretty comfy. (I would have bought more expensive shoes, except I wanted silver, and the only other silver shoes I could find had heels that were way too high. I’m not comfortable in stripper heels anymore, if I ever really was. They just hurt my feet, and feet aren’t meant to hurt.)
What about you? Any favorite shoes you want to share?