The Ten On Tuesday prompt for 1/13/15 is 10 Things You Do To Make Winter Less Bleak.
Well, in my part of California, it doesn’t get that bleak. But even so, there are some things that I do in winter which help my happiness levels. I guess that’s what this prompt is really asking…
1. I knit with happy colored yarn.
2. I spend lots of time curled up with a book and a cup of tea.
3. Two words: Disney trips. (Disneyland is pretty in the rain, too. And the crowds tend to get scared away.)
4. Soup! Lots of soup.
5. I also pull out the crock pot more in winter than summer. The smell of food cooking all day long just seems more appropriate in this weather.
6. Spiced cider.
7. Bake! Cookies, scones, whatever.
(Gee, a lot of these are food-related…)
8. Bask in the sun with the cat, when there is sun in which to bask.
9. Cuddle on the couch (or the bed) with the cat, when there is no sun in which to bask.
10. Sleep in. (Usually only on weekends, naturally.) Gray mornings are made for rising late.
What about you? Any tips to keep your spirits up in the winter?