Lookie! Another FO project that was done this summer (barely… nearly fall but not quite) and yet had to wait until after Christmas for its big reveal!
This one is the Rondelay I knit for my sister-in-law. Several members of my S’n’B have made this shawlette (or is it a scarf?) and so I’d seen it in progress before. I never really paid attention to the construction of the project other than to note that it was different, and I certainly never thought about how much trouble blocking such a uniquely shaped scarf would be.
However, it knit up quickly, and didn’t give me too much trouble when I went to block it. (It might not be the most even blocking job I’ve ever done, but since the scarf will rarely be spread out, that shouldn’t matter. It will spend most of the time being a ruffly thing, so no worries there.) My biggest issue was that the rondels were easy to manage until you had to deal with ALL THREE OF THEM AT ONCE. Then the number of stitches on the needles got unwieldy. (Yes, I know. This happens with nearly all shawlettes. But this one was no exception to that rule.) Still, there were only a handful of rows that worked all the stitches on the needles, so it went smoothly enough.
I used Chroma for the scarf/shawlette, since this pattern works best in yarns with a long color repeat. I love the way it turned out in this particular colorway. I had initially thought (when I bought the yarn) that the shades of green would be more distinct, more different. And then the yarn arrived, and I worried that the shading might have been too subtle for the pattern.
But I think I needn’t have worried. It turned out lovely.
STATS (and a link to my Ravelry project page)
DESIGNER: Jennifer Dassau
YARN: Chroma Fingering by Knit Picks in the “Seaweed” colorway
NEEDLES: US 6 (4.0 mm)
START – END DATES: September 1, 2014 – September 20, 2014