The Ten on Tuesday topic for 12/9 is 10 Random Songs From Your iPod. What I mean is: open up your music app and hit “shuffle all” and list the first ten songs that play. If you don’t have an iPod, just use whatever your favorite way of listening to music is – Pandora or Spotify or something.
This is fun. I like this one, though the music currently loaded in my iPod is heavily weighted toward Christmas music. I think I took off my classic rock to make room for the holiday stuff, so keep that in mind as you read this list. Though, to be fair, I wrote this disclaimer before I hit shuffle all to find the songs I’d be listing here. There may be 10 Christmas songs, or there may be none. Shall we find out?
Oh, yeah… I did not, however, delete the Disney music from my iPod. Nor the Eurovision music, which may outnumber the Disney songs I have on here (and that’s saying something).
1. “Foil” by “Weird Al” Yankovic
2. “Let It Be” by The Beatles
3. “Lame Claim To Fame” by “Weird Al” Yankovic
4. “Trouble” by Coldplay
5. “50 Ways To Say Goodbye” by Train
6. “America” by Fozzie Bear (from the Muppet Movie)
7. “Cnro I Belo” by Kalipoi (the F.Y.R. Macedonia entry for Eurovision 2012)
8. “New Moon On Monday” by Duran Duran
9. “Substitutiary Locomotion” by Angela Lansbury et al (from Bedknobs and Broomsticks)
10. “Hungry Like The Wolf” by Duran Duran
It always amuses me how “shuffle all” will come up with multiple songs from the same album. (Twice, in this case.) And then it won’t pull anything at all from an entire genre (aka holiday music) even though I’ve gone to all the trouble of explaining to you why there was going to be lots of Christmas music on this list. Figures.
Have a great week, full of music!