It’s time for another ROW80 2014 Round 4 check-in! This time I actually remembered to post on a Wednesday.
- OCT: Prepare SF (novel project codename) characters & plot for NaNoWriMo. Nearly to the end of October, so by default I’m nearly done with this goal. But I am working on it, too. I’m playing with paint chips (for character & scene color schemes) and character photos/descriptions. I am also getting a rough scene plot worked up so that I at least have something to work with, even though it’s likely to change up as I write the thing. (I’ve never been good at firm outlines, though. Maybe as I grow as an author, or maybe that’s just not my style.)
- NOV: Write 50k words or more in SF.
- DEC: Finish the first draft of SF. When done, set aside. (No revision allowed until 1 month after completion date.)
- Work on writing projects a minimum of 5 days / week. Since this is Wednesday morning, I’m not counting today yet. So, from Sunday – Tuesday, I’ve gotten one day of work in. Not great, but I’m at least keeping track and trying to keep myself accountable this week. And that’s progress.
- Visit and comment on a minimum of 7 other ROW blogs / week. Done! As of yesterday! Anything else this week (and there will be more today with the new check-in) will be gravy.
- Write a minimum of 3 blog posts / week. At least one of these should be a ROW update. Already done, as of this blog. And I have another one scheduled for Friday, so there’s at least 4 this week.
Don’t forget that I’m still running a give-away through the end of this week! The necklace with stars and the one with a pink background and blue heart bead are up for grabs! All you have to do is:
1. Leave me a comment here. Make sure to specify which of the two you prefer. (The first winner gets their choice, the second winner get the other one.) It’s also ideal if you, you know, comment on something happening on this blog.
2. Comment on any other NEW post written between Monday (10/27) and Halloween (10/31). Multiple posts commented on = multiple entries. Multiple comments on the same post don’t count for more than one entry. Comments on old posts also don’t count. (I can’t keep track.)
3. The winners will be chosen the first weekend in November, when I need a break from NaNoing. I will announce the winners with my first ROW update in November. (For the record, that will (hopefully) be on Sunday (as long as I am on time this week). I forgot to add an exact end date to the original give-away post. Some people like those. Let’s call the deadline to enter midnight Pacific time on Saturday night, November 1.
And a knitting update…
I’ll throw in a picture here of one of the knitting presents since I don’t think the recipient reads the blog. And even is that person does see this, it’s not likely to be obvious who it’s for or even what it is.
I’m almost done with this one. I just need to decide how long I want to make it. I’m still enjoying the knit, but I’m starting to get worried about having enough time to finish all my knitted gifts, so I’m not going to just keep going until I run out of yarn. Besides, that might make it too long. I’m really not sure, and won’t be until the thing is finished and blocked out.
There’s also a semi-new project that I may have shown you before:
I still am unsure where this pair is going. It could be ON MY FEET, but I’m not sure yet. I do like the way Cat’s Sweet Tomato Heel fits, so if I don’t keep this pair, I will certainly make another pair with this heel for myself. But we’ll see.
And then there’s another project that you can’t see, and the fix project that hasn’t been worked on in ages, and the Sweetheart Sweater that I’m ignoring until I feel up to overdying the yarn. So that’s about it on the knitting front for the moment. But still – the socks seem to have sprung up overnight. They’ve been a really quick knit. So it’s not like I haven’t been knitting.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!