Happy Tuesday! How was your weekend? Here’s some stuff about mine, because…
The Ten on Tuesday topic for 10/14/14 is 10 Things You Did This Weekend.
It was a good weekend. Lots of relaxing happened. I didn’t even bother to write a to-do list, which is incredibly rare for me. (I am a list-maker.) But anyway, here are some highlights, in the approximate order in which I did them:
- Went to a Jamberry Nail Wraps party. This was more fun than I’d expected. A co-worker held the party, and I didn’t know anyone there besides her, but it was still fun to socialize over yummy desserts and fun nail designs. I’m not sure that I’m sold on Jamberry as my new favorite nail option, but I do like them for a change and for the nail art kind of things that I can’t do with polish. I think they will most likely end up as a good accent to my usual polish.
- Cooked breakfast. I’ve been cat-sitting for the neighbors lately (over now, though) so I haven’t had the time to take care of the neighbor kitties and make my own breakfast. It was nice to have the extra time in the mornings over the weekend to be able to cook rather than grabbing something to go (either a wrap from Starbucks or an energy bar from the pantry).
- Got my hair cut. Now that I no longer need to be able to pull all my hair up off my neck for the hot summer weather, I got it cut short (for me) to shoulder-length. I was ready for a change, and Mr. Wyrm likes my hair this length, so it’s a win-win.
- Had a quick visit with my dad. He was on his way through town, and we were free, so we had a bit of a visit. Short & sweet.
- Watched Cube. Twice. In a row. As in, we watched it, then watched the whole thing over again with commentary. Trippy movie. Very much a psychological thriller.
- Slept in. And it was lovely.
- Called about my MINI. It seems someone at MINI corporate made a mistake on the EPA paperwork, so my MINI (and the rest of the 2015’s) was delayed. Which means I have to wait another week before I might be able to get it. But I keep reminding myself that my current car is paid off, so that’s another week I don’t have to pay a car loan. It’s a poor substitute for having my new car, but it’s something.
- Watched Twilight with the RiffTrax commentary added in. So. Much. Fun. The RiffTrax guys are better known from their MST3K days, but they’re still doing the same fun riffs as they did then. We’ve been enjoying both their live riffs from the cinema, and their ones available for download online.
- Had really yummy pizza for dinner. I love pizza but am very picky about it. The crust has to be yummy. (And for me, that means thick and soft and tasty.)
- Watched a couple episodes of Bleach. My current anime of choice. We’re still in the 20’s episode-wise. I know this is a long series, but I’m enjoying it so far. We’ll see if I make it to the end or give up part-way through, but I’m all in for now.