Good afternoon everyone, and happy Wednesday! That means it’s time for a WIP update. Today (unlike last week) we’re going to start with the writing. I mentioned my ROW80 Round 4 goals last week, but I’m going to include them again here now that the Round has officially started:
1. OCT: Prepare SF (novel project codename) characters & plot for NaNoWriMo.
2. NOV: Write 50k words or more in SF.
3. DEC: Finish the first draft of SF. When done, set aside. (No revision allowed until 1 month after completion date.)
1. Work on writing projects a minimum of 5 days / week.
2. Visit and comment on a minimum of 7 other ROW blogs / week.
3. Write a minimum of 3 blog posts / week. At least one of these should be a ROW update.
I’m sad to say that I haven’t actually done anything toward these goals yet. Since the Round started on a Monday (10/6), I’m hoping to use Sundays as an “Update Day” and report on my progress for the past week. But since this is a Wednesday, and I have no progress to report, this is mostly just a reminder to myself that I have these goals I want to accomplish. And now the knitting. I don’t even want to think about the Sweetheart Sweater. I could (but don’t want to) write you pages about yarn amounts and possibly ripping out swatches; and more proof that swatches lie about how much yardage you will need; and about the search for more yarn, any yarn that might work, and the possibility of overdying. I could go on and on about how I want this project to be finished and wearable, but I’m starting to think that it’s just not meant to be. I could drive myself crazy over a little bit of mohair. Instead, I’m just going to leave you with this photo, which has nothing to do with said sweater: Have a great hump day!