The Ten on Tuesday topic for September 9th is 10 Books That Have Stayed With You Long After You’ve Read Them. I know some of you have already done this on Facebook so it should be easy for you – just cut and paste! And for the rest of you, put those thinking caps on!
I did do this list already, so here’s the cut & paste for you:
(I’m not going into the whys here, but if you have questions about why a particular book is included, ask in the comments and I’ll let you know.)
1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien.
2. The complete works of William Shakespeare.
3. Peter Pan by J M Barrie.
4. The Elements of Style by Strunk & White. (What? I’m an English major.)
5. Dragonflight (aka Pern #1) by Anne McCaffrey.
6. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong. (This one I’m explaining: it’s the first book I was credited in.)
7. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis.
8. The Joy of Signing.
9. Where Do we Go from Here? (book of short stories edited by Isaac Asimov)
10. Winnie The Pooh by AA Milne.
(I just noticed how many of these authors have initials in place of first & middle names…)