Today’s Ten On Tuesday prompt is “10 Things You Only Do Once A Year, But You Wish You Could Do Them More Often.” Wow. That’s a long and complicated prompt. I’m not sure I can successfully answer it, either. There aren’t many things that I am limited to doing once a year. I suspect that part of that is because I don’t have kids, and so if Mr. Wyrm and I want to go to one Disney resort or another, we only have to worry about our work schedules and budget, not anyone school schedule. Hmm. I’ll take a stab at it, though. I may yet find ten things…
1. Visit Mr. Wyrm’s family. I don’t think we’ve even done yearly every year we’ve been together. Most years, but I’m pretty sure we’ve been visiting (or visited) slightly less than yearly.
2. Get dressed up (in costume). I could dress up for Halloween more than once per year. Different parties on different days, for instance. But at this point, I’m not. Sometimes I don’t even dress up the once.
3. Go on a BIG Disney trip. “Big” being a cruise, or special tour, or extended trip to Walt Disney World. But they take up more vacation than I have to do twice, and that’s not even considering the expense…
4. Make mulled cider. Only doing this one once a year is entirely my own fault. I could do it as often as I wanted. But it’s a lot of work to set up, so I usually don’t bother very often. Especially since Trader Joe’s has a quite acceptable pre-made version. (Not quite as good, but the best I’ve found bottled.)
5. Visit Disneyland at Christmastime. I’m glad we do get the one visit a year (usually). But this is one thing I’m jealous of the LA locals for.
6. Visit Disneyland at Halloweentime. Ditto the above.
Hmm. That’s about all I can come up with. Oh – here’s one new one:
7. Visit with my whole S’n’B. Our main Stitch ‘n’ Bitch coordinator moved out of town, and since we normally gather at her house, our meeting place moved out of town too. We’re planning a twice yearly get-together (summer & winter) but so far we’ve only had one, and I can already tell that I’m going to want more visits than we’re going to have.
However, that’s about it now. As I said, I generally don’t let things stop me from doing what I want to do. Have a great week, everyone!