Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Movies You Can Watch Over And Over Again and Never Tire Of.” Heh. I certainly have a few of those. Comfort books and comfort movies are in the same category for me. These are my 10, in the approximate order of priority.
1. STARDUST – I love everything about this movie. The fantasy, the romance, the action, the cast… everything.
2. ENCHANTED – you can’t go wrong with a feel-good musical. Especially when you add in a dragon.
3. STAR WARS – not that “New Hope” crap. It’s just Star Wars.
4. STARGATE – I’ve never seen the TV show, but I could watch the movie forever.
(PS – sensing a theme yet?)
5. THE PRINCESS BRIDE – to not have this on my list would be inconceivable.
6. NOTTING HILL – something about this movie always makes me smile.
7. DORKNESS RISING – only other D&D players will truly understand the awesome power that is this movie.
8. SLEEPING BEAUTY – one word: Maleficent. (Remember what I said earlier about the dragon?) (Also, Prince Philip. You know. Because he’s more than just Charming.)
9. FLIGHT OF DRAGONS – dragons. And James Earl Jones’ voice work. ‘nough said. (Plus, I always wanted to be Danielle.)
10. SENSE AND SENSIBILITY – I’m not sure why, but I love it so much more than the other Austen films of the same era.