Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Favorite Summer Beverages.” This is a fun one, especially since it’s been HOT this weekend/week. We hit a high of 103° on Sunday. Ick.
So. Ready for a list of my favorite COLD beverages? 🙂 I don’t think any of them will require much in the way of explanation…
2. Iced tea.
3. Iced chai lattes.
4. Lemonade. Especially pink lemonade.
5. Cold water. Sometimes fruit infused.
6. Hard cider. (The colder the better.)
7. Juice mixed with Sprite. Any kind of juice seems to work. Apple, cranberry, orange. Whatever.
Ok, I was wrong. This part here needs some explanation.
Strangely, I don’t particularly crave soda when it’s hot. It just doesn’t seem to be very thirst-quenching. Granted, sometimes I want ANYTHING to drink, and a soda happens to be there, but I don’t typically want soda over other summer beverages. The two exceptions are Sprite as a mixer (see above) or the below:
8. Root Beer Floats. (This should be much higher on the priority list, were this list in order of favorites.)
10. Regular hot tea. (I don’t know if this counts, because I like it REGARDLESS of summer, rather than BECAUSE of summer. But we’ll include it anyway.)