Today’s Ten on Tuesday blog prompt is “10 Chores You Hate Most.” This one definitely requires a bit of explanation after each list item, because some chores I dislike for obvious reasons and others are a bit more random.
- Laundry. – This is kinda obvious, maybe. I don’t like doing laundry because it NEVER ENDS. I like the process of folding and putting away my laundry on occasion. But I don’t like how often I have to do it.
- Changing the sheets. – I love having new sheets on the bed. But I hate trying to get the fitted sheet to comfortably fit on our mattress. (We have a kinda thick mattress pad on the top of it, so it’s thicker than normal.)
- Cleaning the cat box. – Because who likes doing that?
- Cleaning the toilet. – Again… who likes cleaning the toilet?
- Steam cleaning the carpets. – I don’t do this often, and I love the result when I’m done, but I hate doing it. Takes FOREVER and I always manage to get my clothes wet accidentally.
- Scrubbing grout. – Because yuck. Just yuck.
- Cleaning the shower. – As with the carpets, I can’t stay dry when cleaning the shower. And that just drives me nuts.
- Waxing my car. – I don’t really have a good place to do this, and I often don’t allot enough time. So I try to rush the end of it, and that means I get annoyed and/or do a poor job of it.
- Vacuuming. – Mostly because I always find something I missed when I’m done. A spiderweb hanging from the ceiling, a patch of cat fur in a corner of the hardwood floor, etc.
- Dusting. – It’s a never-ending and thankless job. It’s only noticed when you DON’T do it. A well-dusted house is unremarkable. But an un-dusted house looks dirty.
I guess a lot of these weren’t really chores I “hate”. Dislike is probably a better way of putting it. Dusting, however… that one I hate.
What about you? Any chores you are less fond of than the rest? And can I get you to come dust my house for me?