Well, I missed my ROW post on Sunday, because I was out of town for Labor Day and didn’t schedule anything. (Details in the “date night” goal below.) So, I’m going to do my should-have-been-Sunday update tonight instead. I don’t expect great progress this week, due to a wide variety of things (including the holiday, work-gone-crazy, and the finger trouble I posted about earlier). Regardless, though, it’s at least some progress.
(Speaking of the finger trouble, whatever I did, it seems to have been only a sprain and it’s better now. Hooray!)
- Read one craft book – I realized I am being silly. The “Create a Character Clinic” is a craft book that I am reading this Round. And I am about 1/4 – 1/3 of the way through it. So while I have not yet finished this goal, I am making progress toward it.
- Re-read T (a prior NaNoNovel) draft and make revision notes – not started yet. I want to print it out, but I think we need new toner first.
- Complete the “Create a Character Clinic” for the Hero & Heroine of SCVH – While I was having finger issues, I snagged Mr. Wyrm’s iPad and started creating a CCC document on there that I can type in without having to hand-write it. So I did still make good progress on this one.
- Visit with parents & sister a minimum of once a month – done for July over the weekend of the 4th (and again after that a few times to celebrate the birth of my nephew); done for August on 8/10 (at the zoo!)
- Minimum of one hike or 2-mile or more walk per month – done for July & August
WEEKLY GOALS (with the week starting on Sunday):
- Walk at least
50k35k steps per week – I only walked 33,394 steps last week. Partly because this weekend plans involved more driving than walking (which is NOT what you would expect given where we went).
- Write 3 blogs per week – Not done this week. I got two blogs posted: Still Here, my note about the finger trouble, and my review of the book Greywalker. I could blame the lack of Ten on Tuesday prompt for my lack of blog writing, but that would ignore the fact that I also didn’t get a ROW Update posted, nor a WIP Weds post up…
- Read & comment on 10 blogs per week – I did not do this one either. Work was crazy, and I played games when I got home instead of catching up then. Oh well. I’ll do better this week.
- 2 hours per week on my theatre projects (I have two projects that I don’t want to detail here, but I want to spend time on them. I know what they are, even if you don’t need to) – Success! It was only on the same one project I’ve been posting about, but I got the time in. Also, the prior week’s ROW Update would have mentioned that I spent a bunch of time working on the OTHER theatre project, had I written that post. So there’s been progress on both! Hurrah!
- 2 hours per week on the writing and revising items on the Round Goals – Success! I’m counting my time spent getting the iPad CCC template working here. Still not done, but a lot of good progress has been made.
- 2 hours per week on my scrapbooks – Not done. But I’m still not sure what’s going on with the Creative Memories bankruptcy and how that impacts what I want to do with my scrapbooks. We’ll see if I get anything else done until they make those announcements – though there are other things I can do that aren’t impacted by that.
- 1 “date night” (of any kind) per week with Mr. Wyrm – Success! We spent Labor Day weekend visiting some friends who have a vacation home near Yosemite. We went into the park one day, had BBQs for dinner, and drank quite a lot of wine. It was great fun. Due to a couple of factors (including the Rim FIre) we did not do much hiking at the park, but instead saw the valley’s sights by car.
For those who are wondering, yes the Rim Fire is threatening the area. It has burned a lot of land, and done a lot of damage, but thankfully the Yosemite Valley is not currently in danger. However, other areas of the park are either in danger or have already burned, and if you want to make a donation to help the recovery efforts, the link I posted has a donation link toward the bottom. Yosemite is one of my favorite places, and I will be making a donation to help out.