Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Favorite Summertime Treats”. Yum. This sounds like a tasty blog prompt! Though, per the prompt email, we’re also allowed to do non-food treats. Activities and the like. Still, there are so many tasty food-related treats…
Ten Favorite Summertime Treats
- ICE CREAM. Yes, this is a year-round treat, but it always tastes better in the summertime.
- Fresh cherries. They’re an early summer treat, anyway.
- Pasta salad. Again, it can be eaten at any time of year. But in my opinion, it’s best eaten when cold on a hot summer afternoon or evening.
- Fresh watermelon. Yum. Especially good at picnics.
- Chocolate dipped vanilla soft-serve. Yes, this is another ice cream item on this list. But it’s kinda a different animal that we’re talking about here. I only sometimes consider soft-serve ice cream to actually BE ICE CREAM. Also, this is a specific kind – the type I used to get on hot summer days at the Boardwalk. Beach ice cream is nice, but in order to really count it MUST be chocolate dipped.
- Fresh peaches. The huge variety of fresh local fruit options is one of my favorite things about summer.
- Corn on the cob. Need I say anything else? Yum.
- Summer squash. As its name implies, it’s only available one time of year…
- Frozen grapes. They’re nature’s popsicle!
- Popsicles, drumsticks, It’s It’s, and other frozen confections. And again, while these are available year-round, I like them best in the summertime. I usually forget they’re in stores until the weather gets hot enough for me to crave cold treats.
Have a great week, everyone! I hope you’re enjoying your summer.