Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Favorite Burger Toppings”. We’re also allowed to use sandwich toppings if we don’t like burgers… I do like burgers, and I didn’t even have to split up ketchup and mustard (or lettuce and tomato) to get to 10 favorite toppings! That was unexpected.
1. Cheese! I don’t like hamburgers much, but I love cheeseburgers.
1a. Pepper Jack Cheese. I know, I could just leave this as an implied part of #1, but it’s different enough to me. I don’t like adding peppers to my burgers, but pepper-in-the-cheese is a nice variety.
2. Onion straws. Yum. Similar to, but much better than, onion rings on a burger.
3. BACON. Especially nice crispy bacon. Moister bacon is good for eating with breakfast. But when it comes to a burger (or a sandwich), only crispy bacon need apply.
4. Guacamole. But not avocado. I don’t like avocado unless it’s in guac.
5. Ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. In varied combinations. Sometimes one, sometimes none, sometimes all three.
6. Thousand Island dressing. Like they serve at In-N-Out Burger. Yum.
7. Grilled onions. But not in too large a chunk. I like them in smaller pieces better, and preferably on the sweeter side.
8. Lettuce and tomato. But not too much. Just enough.
9. Pickles. Sometimes.
10. BBQ sauce. On a rare occasion, anyway. I don’t like it all of the time, but in some cases I love it. The most common time I will have BBQ sauce on a burger is when I eat at Red Robin – their Whiskey River BBQ Burger is WONDERFUL. (BBQ sauce and onion straws. Yum.)