Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is all about ice cream. Yum! That means it’s summer, right? When we start thinking about ice cream all the time?
Oh wait. That’s me all the time. I don’t always eat it, but I’d like to… Ice cream isn’t just a summer thing for me.
So, what’s the official prompt for today? And my list of ten things? Here goes:
Ten Favorite Ice Cream Toppings
- Nothing. I like flavored ice creams, and often I like them best just the way they are.
- Hot fudge! Extra chocolate can make any ice cream taste better. (Note that I said ice cream and not sorbet. I’m not sure what I’d think of that yet. I’ll have to try it and get back to you.)
- Whipped cream. Especially when combined with the hot fudge as a sundae.
- Maraschino cherries. I like them as a topping on so many things! Yum.
- Caramel. I’m a bit pickier about when I like a caramel topping, but it’s still a tasty option.
- Chopped nuts. As long as they’re not salted. I tried that once, and it wasn’t a combination I liked.
- Fresh fruit. Especially strawberries or blueberries, but really most berries and some other fruits (like peaches or apricots) work well, too.
- Sprinkles! Not so much for the taste, because the flavor is usually lost in the ice cream, but for the look. Sprinkles make desserts look so much more festive.
- Chocolate chips! Again, more chocolate FTW!
- Toffee bits! Such as Heath Bars all chopped up. Yum yum yum! But I’m less likely to do this one myself, because it takes too much work. I’ll let Coldstone do the work for me. 😉
So there you have it. Ten favorite things for me to top my ice cream with. That’s not even getting into things I like to have my ice cream served in or on… pie or cobbler, waffle cones, Oreo cookie crusts… I could probably do another 10 on Tuesday just with that list. (But maybe another time. I’m already craving ice cream enough because of the list of toppings.)