Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Things You Always Bring on Vacation.” Well, this is a fun one. However, since I usually vacation to the same place I might as well call this one “10 Things I Always Bring to Disneyland”.
1. My Annual Pass. Without this, I can’t get in to the parks to have said vacation.
2. Lots of bottled water. It’s much cheaper to bring your own in to the park instead of buying it all there, and since we drive instead of fly, we can carry large quantities of water with us. Granted, we do sometimes buy water in the park, but this way we have options.
3. My water bottle holder. Disney has this carabiner with a Mickey-shaped ring attached to it, which fits over the rim of most (disposable) water bottles. Perfect for keeping water handy and ready to drink.
4. A hat. (Sometimes an ear hat.) Important for keeping the sun (or rain) off.
5. A jacket/poncho. Even in summer weather. You never know when the weather will turn, or when you will want to go on a water ride without getting too soaked.
6. My bathing suit. Even though I haven’t worn it and gone swimming in ages, I like to have it with me just in case. (I usually also bring some kind of sarong as well, because I feel better knowing that if I do decide to go down to the pool, I will feel comfortable with how I look.)
7. COMFORTABLE SHOES. I cannot stress this enough.
8. Sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen.
9. My camera. Which is my phone. So is just about always with me, anyway.
10. A smile! There’s no point in being sad at the Happiest Place On Earth.