Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is very timely. I’m sure you won’t be at all surprised when I tell you that it’s:
Ten Fun Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
1. Watch sappy romantic comedies while eating Ben & Jerry’s or Hagen Daas ice cream straight from the container.
2. Alternately, watch gory horror movies. With or without the ice cream. (In either case, someone is after your heart… either the RomCom hero, or the zombies.)
3. Go ice skating. This works best if one of you is decent at it and the other is horrible. That means that the horrible skater can hang on to the decent skater for maximum contact.
4. Light a fire in the fireplace. Sit in front of it. Drink wine. Laugh lots.
5. Make a chocolate fondue. (Or go somewhere where they will make it for you.) Bonus points if the fondue is en flambé.
6. Disneyland! (Duh. This is me. Of course Disneyland is on a list of fun things to do.)
7. Dress up and stay in. We tend to dress up to go out, but not to stay in. This way you and your sweetie are dressing up exclusively for each other, and not also to look good for random strangers.
8. Play a silly computer game together. My sweetie and I have been playing “The Cave” together lately, and it’s super silly and enjoyable. I think I might pull out “Portal 2” for the co-op version for Valentine’s Day.
9. Play a board game. If you’re the super-competitive type, this might not be a good idea. We’re trying to promote love and happiness on Valentine’s Day, not competition.
10. Cook dinner together. (We are doing this.) It’s cheaper than a fancy dinner out, and means more because not only are you spending time together, but you’re doing something nice for each other.
Do you have any fun or romantic tips to share?