Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt, unsurprisingly, is “10 goals you have to 2013.” Given that it’s the first 10 on Tues after the new year, a resolutions post is what we should have all been anticipating. This is actually something that is a good thing for me to do, as I haven’t yet posted anything about 2013 goals (I don’t really count my ROW80 goals in this, as those are designed to be a list of goals for an 80-day period, and are smaller in scope than yearly goals).
To start with, let’s review what I said last year at this time:
I am not making resolutions this year.
I am also not looking at my resolutions from last year to see how I did. My goals for the year changed throughout the year… heck, I’d even changed my mind by March 2011.
What I am going to do this year is track the projects I finish. I’d like to have 12 or more by the end of the year…
In addition, I would like one of those finished items to be the Star Trek socks, as they are now meant to be a Christmas gift. I would like another of the FOs to be one of the big ticket WIPs currently in progress. The stole or sweater would be ideal, but there are others I’d be happy to finish, too.
And that’s my plan for the year.
So: how did I do? Well, I did create a sticky post with my FOs for 2012. (It’s not sticky any longer, as it’s no longer 2012.) And if you look at that tracker, you will see that I completed 13 knitted items, so that was a success! Also, one of the items was the pair of Star Trek socks, so that was a success also! I did not finish either the stole (which I think I will end up frogging) or the sweater (which I think needs to become a vest due to lack of enough yarn for the sleeves) but that’s okay with me. Maybe I will finish (or frog) them in 2013.
And now, speaking of 2013:
Ten Goals for 2013
- Finish the Babette blanket.
- Back-post all of my book reviews to my book review blog, Book-Wyrm-Reads. I have already done many of them (they were on the blog as pages instead of posts, and that was cumbersome. I spent a large chunk of time this weekend switching that around, but I think it was worth it) but I want to get them all there so I have them all in one place. A side part of this goal is to cross-post all of my review that I post here on my review blog so I don’t have to ever go back and combine the two again.
- Have a giveaway to celebrate the blogiversary that I missed last month.
- Get married!
- There’s a commitment I made regarding one of the theatre shows I was in a couple of years ago, and I never quite finished what I intended to do. Without going into any more detail than that, I want to make sure to finish up that thing this year.
- Get all of the stuff I pulled out of my storage locker at the end of last year taken care of. Some of it needs to get put away (which means I need to find a home for it in the craft room) and some of it needs to leave my house for a new home.
- Speaking of the craft room… I’d like to get all of the craft supplies tidy. This means that I need to go through the supplies and figure out what I will use and what I will not be using, and get rid of the latter.
- Send a minimum of one fun piece of mail a month. If you would like to be the recipient of a random letter or card, let me know in the comments and I’ll ask you (via email) for a mailing address. And then, at some point in 2013, I’ll surprise you with a note in the mail. 🙂 (And yes, I will send mail anywhere on the planet that a postal service can reach. It doesn’t have to be in the US.)
- Drink more water.
- Make writing (nearly) daily a habit again. ROW80 is going to be my big push for this, as that’s the main focus of that challenge, but it is a goal for me that spans the whole year. As to the “nearly” part, I know there will be days when I am too busy with other things to write, and I don’t want to beat myself up with guilt for those days. But I want it to be a regular part of my life again.