Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Favorite Christmas Cookies.” I will try to stick to the prompt, but honestly? I love cookies. And I see no reason why any cookie has to be a “Christmas cookie” or a “non-Christmas cookie.” So these might not be traditional Christmas cookies.
1. Spritz cookies. These are a traditional Christmas cookie. And my soon-to-be mother-in-law makes a mean spritz cookie.
2. Russian wedding cookies. I’m not sure if these fit the category for most people, but they are a Christmastime tradition for me.
3. Candy cane cookies. Only becauseI have fond memories of making them with my mom…
4. SUGAR COOKIES. Decorated or undecorated. Shaped to look like Christmas symbols or not. Doesn’t really matter. (Yes this is a favorite. Why do you ask?)
5. Thumbprint cookies. For a Christmas version, put those candied cherries in the middle.
6. Snickerdoodles. I don’t care what time of year it is. I always love these.
7. Gingerbread cookies. Last year I made some Mickey Mouse shaped gingerbread men. Er, gingerbread mice. They were fun.
8. I don’t know the name, but there are these cookies that my sister makes which I love. They are like sugar cookies, but a little breadier. And she puts this orange glaze over them. Delicious.
9. Shortbread. Another anytime cookie.
10. Thin Mints. Yes, the Girl Scout cookie. If you freeze them when you get them, they will still be good in December. And mint makes any cookie feel more Christmasy.