Today’s Ten on Tuesday prompt is “10 Mittens/Mitts I Want To Knit”. This one is easy for me, because I have been on a mitt kick all year.
I’m including Ravelry links in here, but if you’re interested I think you can click through to see the patterns because Rav is open for guests at this point (I think). These are in no particular order, really. I want to knit them ALL, and which one I want most varies by the day, so…
The one difference is I don’t like knitting mittens. It’s rarely cold enough here for me to want the whole hand covered, and I can’t type in mittens. So I prefer the fingerless mitts.
10 Mitts I Want To Knit
1. Owlings by Kerrie James. So cute!
2. Ironwork Mitts by Jennifer Hagan. I think these kind of colorwork mitts I can do.
3. Susie’s Reading Mitts by Dancing Ewe Yarns. This pattern has been in my queue FOREVER. But the yarn I want to knit with always ends up being the wrong weight for the pattern, and I don’t feel like modifying it.
4. Seeta Fingerless Gloves by Maria Sheherazade. Especially for variegated yarns.
5. Fractured by Michelle Cole. These just look fun.
6. Fingerless Gloves “Musica” by Anne Neumann. I’m from a musical family. This one’s a no-brainer.
7. Moth Kisses by Anne Hanson. Not exactly mitts, more wrist-warmers, but close enough.
8. Pianissimo Mitts by Becky Herrick. There’s something I love about mitts made with with lace yarn.
9. Rangers of Ithilien Gauntlets by Kristen Howard. Modeled on LOTR’s rangers. What fantasy geek wouldn’t want these?
10. Oddity by Mia Heikkinen. Love the pattern on this one.