Today’s 10 on Tuesday prompt is “10 Things On Your Mind Right Now.”
There is only ONE thing on my mind right now, and that’s NaNoWriMo. Here are 10 things about NaNo:
- This is my 6th year participating (though I first signed up 8 NaNos ago) and the first year that I’ve gone into it with a different daily word count goal than the official 1667 words per day.
- This year I know I will be missing 5 days of writing. As a result I need to write 2k words per day. So far (knock on wood!) I have managed to make that daily with time to spare.
- This NaNo means more to me than any except the first time I participated. That year, I wanted to prove I could do it. This year, I want to make sure I can still do it.
- I’m sick of hearing people say “I’d love to do that, but…” and then proceeding to tell me why they can’t. It’s like when people say “I’d love to knit, but…” It’s always followed by “I don’t have the patience” or “I don’t have the time” or some equally silly thing. If it really matters to you, you MAKE the time.
- Yes, I think anyone can do NaNo if they want to. But I also think you have to want to do it.
- “Commitment, Abby, commitment. There are only two creatures of value on the face of this earth – those with a commitment and those who require the commitment of others.” (1776. Awesome script.)
- It’s always interesting trying to write journals from the POV of someone who is similar to but different from yourself. You tend to start accidentally putting more of yourself into it than you’re supposed to. Or you end up taking on aspects of the character.
- I get to write about teenage love this year. And a werewolf. Hee!
- I also get to be as catty as I like. Sometimes that is just too refreshing for words.
- I thought that doing my NaNoNovel in blog format would make me less likely to want to write in my own blog. This is not the case. However, neither has it made me MORE likely to want to write in my own blog. So I guess we’ll continue with the couple blog posts a week, and on a semi-random schedule.
Have a great week!