Today’s Ten On Tuesday blog prompt is “Ten Things You Like Doing On Weekends.” This seems very general, though one Ten on Tues blog post I already saw this morning focused on current-weekend-specific. Hmm. Choices, choices…
I think I’m going to stick with generalizations, though in some respects I’d love to get specific to this weekend. I am big on to-do lists, and so this blog prompt would be an easy way to kill two birds with one stone: write a blog AND make this weekend’s to-do list, all in one! On the other hand, my to-do list for this weekend includes boring things like laundry and vacuuming, which are not (strictly speaking) things I enjoy doing. So I’m going to go with generalizations since they are more enjoyable. 🙂
- Sleep in. This is one of my favorite parts of the weekend. (Even if “sleeping in” doesn’t mean sleeping until noon the way it did when I was in college.)
- Brunch with my sweetie. We often go to Panera for the first meal of the day on either Saturday or Sunday, because they’re close and have tasty food. And one thing I love about that is I can get both breakfast and lunch food at once, and no one looks at my funny. (A pecan roll and a cup of soup? Yes please!)
- Go to the movies! We usually save this for weekends because our work schedules are so different. It makes weekday movie nights rather more difficult than it should be.
- Co-op computer games. I play single-player games whenever, but the co-op ones need us both home at the same time. Like movies. And so it means that it’s more likely on weekends than week days.
- Theatre! We haven’t been involved in producing a show since this summer, but weekends are when I enjoy being involved in theatre. I don’t like weeknight rehearsals as much as I like weekend shows. (For multiple reasons… not the least of which is I prefer the show itself to the rehearsal.)
- Visiting friends. Work schedules get in the way of scheduling events with friends even more than they get in the way of movie night. So it’s usually a weekend thing for me (unless it’s the weekly stitch & bitch on Thursday nights. But I don’t manage to make it to those on a weekly basis anyway… I do enjoy the weekend versions of the S&B we have, too).
- Going on hikes! … not that I’ve done this much at all lately. I still like it, even if I haven’t done it much.
- BBQ! I don’t need to say any more about this. Tasty food, good friends, and lots of time to enjoy it. Weekend BBQ is the way to go.
- Test-driving cars or looking at model homes. Whether or not you’re actually buying at the time. Actually, they’re both more fun when you’re NOT buying. When you’re buying, there’s pressure. When you’re not, it’s pure fun.
- Disney trips. Naturally.