The Ten on Tuesday prompt for today is “10 Things I Love About September.” This will be a slightly hard one. I’ve never really thought about things I love about September specifically. I guess it will take some thought, but that’s not a bad thing, now is it? 🙂
- This one is easy. The beginning of September is when my sweetie and I started dating.
- Labor Day Holiday! Not only do I have the day off of work, it’s a great day for “last outdoor activities of the summer.” Well, “last” anywhere except for California, when summer still generally lasts for another month. Minimum.
- We start to get (a hint of) fall weather. (Again – California. Fall temps aren’t guaranteed until about the middle of October.) I especially love the hint of chill in the mornings.
- “September Morn” is a pretty cool song. That counts, right?
- School has started back up, so my vacations are generally less crowded with kiddos.
- IT’S TIME TO PLAN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!!! Not that I’m actually doing anything for Halloween this year. Since it’s mid-week and all. Still. I’m a costumer’s daughter, and it shows.
- All birthdays and anniversaries in my immediate family are done now until December. So I can start buckling down and thinking about Christmas presents without worrying about other things I need to make before then. (I’m not counting the December birthdays, because, since they are close to Christmas, they are easier for me to remember.)
- September seems to be one of the few months the AC/heater unit at work is set to the correct temperature.
- It’s sometimes cold enough now that I can comfortably wear hand-knit socks.
- Suzy-cat will sometimes lie in the sun and get warm, and then come sit on my lap. Instant lap warmer! At a point in time when it’s not so hot that I immediately kick her off! Though I’m only adding this one here as something I like about September because she did just this yesterday morning, so it’s fresh in my mind!
Well. Some of those were a bit of a stretch. But I made it!
What about you? Anything you particularly like about September? I suppose you could be contrary, and add your dislikes, too. 🙂