Today’s 10 on Tuesday post is about Farmer’s Markets. Specifically, Ten Great Things about them.
Since my computer is being really slow just now (I think it’s trying to install updates as I write this) I’m going to just do a short list:
- Fresh fruit and veg!
- I’ve bought live plants there before… but as they were for gifts, all I can say is that they worked really well for a gift. No idea how well the plants survived compared to one bought at, say, Home Depot.
- “Window” shopping for jewelry
- Also “window” shopping for clothes
- More crepes. (What? There’s sweet and savory. I like crepes enough to have BOTH on here.)
- The fresh fruit vendors usually have free samples just sitting out for you to try.
- It’s a good way to get local honey!
- There are sometimes great street musicians playing there.
- I’ve found good bakeries via Farmer’s Markets.
Drat. Now I want to eat crepes.