Today’s Ten On Tuesday prompt is “10 Everyday Things That Make You Happy.” Because I don’t think that needs any explanation or clarification, I’m going to get right to the list.
Actually, I take that back. This does require a little clarification. I am NOT going to include Disneyland. You might think that I go to DLR often enough that it’s an “everyday thing.” Well, it’s not. It’s still very special and magical, even if it’s a lot more familiar to me than it used to be before I became a passholder. Granted, it makes me happy. Very happy. But it is still too special to be considered an “everyday thing.” I hope it always is.
NOW here’s the list. And this order is the order I thought of things in, not necessarily order of importance. It’s also not everything that makes me happy (luckily!), just the first ten things I thought of.
- purring kitties (especially when said kitty is MY kitty, and even better when I am not trying to sleep but being prevented from same due to loud purrs being accompanied by tuna breath or sharp claws kneading me)
- hugs from my sweetie and/or my family
- back rubs – both giving and getting (Side note: this does not always apply to the massage-style back rubs. Those are sometimes painful on the hands. But the ones that are just rubs? Those are wonderful.)
- hot black tea with milk and sugar
- most Disney music (which, you will note, is different than Disneyland itself)
- sitting down to eat a good meal that I cooked (something I don’t do often enough)
- sleeping in
- a good book
- (successful) knitting (as opposed to knitting that then needs to be tinked back or – horrors! – frogged)
- fun movies, especially romantic comedies or not-creepy-or-too-gory action adventures
What about you? I’m sure there’s tons of things that apply, yet which weren’t among the first ten things I thought of.